Understand at a deep level your unconscious biases that are helpful rather than harmful. Re-write patterns of conditioning to reduce negative effects of unconscious bias.
- To understand the influence that unconscious biases have on behavior and our daily lives.
- To understand the negative consequences unconscious biases can have and to learn how to rewrite the patterns of conditioning.
- To understand which unconscious biases are useful and when they are ineffective.
In this workshop/lecture we will focus on:
- Recognizing that unconscious biases are present in all of us.
- The two basic systems that link biases to decision making.
- Biases and their location in the brain.
- How unconscious first impressions are formed, and how they influence all subsequent ideas.
- How biases are beneficial and when to apply them effectively.
- How the brain responds when we feel we are right and when we feel we are wrong.
- The negative consequences of unconscious biases in the different settings in our lives.
- Understanding the role of context when defining a bias.
- How to close the gap between intentions, behaviors and actions.
- Tips to control and manage unconscious biases.
The course will be delivered in a dynamic and participative way – using real-life examples and concrete participant situations.