Dr. Jeanette Hill is the founder and CEO of Spot On Sciences, Inc., an award-winning biotech company that is responsible for developing medical devices that allow consumers to take pre-clinical blood samples in the comfort of their homes. The company has received numerous awards for business and innovation.
Dr. Hill received her Ph.D in bio-organic chemistry at Washington University in St. Louis and has over 20 years of experience in research and management positions at small and large biotech companies.
She joins me today to share what inspired her to start her biotech company and how she’s using current medical technology and screening processes to create innovative ways people can test their blood without the use of needles. She also shares insight on how CEO’s with game changing ideas can bring innovative ideas to market.
“Don’t limit your opportunities.” – Dr. Jeanette Hill
Today on the Creative Disruption Podcast:
- How the dried blood spot screening process is currently being used throughout the medical field
- How she plans to use this process to innovate the way adults provide blood samples to their doctors
- The various diseases and viruses these devices can currently detect
- How customer demand helped her determine when to scale her research and manufacturing
- The challenges she faced while developing the device
- Her biggest leadership insight
Jeanette’s Tips on Future-Proofing Your Business:
- Stay current on what’s happening in your field and the big problems that exist
- Create a solution to these problems
Connect with Dr. Jeanette Hill: